This project is read-only.

Creating New Subscribers

May 14, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Has anyone been able to use this app to add a new subscriber to a list?  The api documentation uses the load_from_url to get a specific list.  However, this doesn't really work in .Net context.  Any help on this would be great.

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Any luck finding a solution to this yet?  I am trying to do the same thing.  Thanks!

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Ditto here.  I get a 401 unauthorized response.

Which is weird because I'm able to get the account, the lists and the subscribers.  Just fails when I try to post a subscriber.  Are we not building the request right?

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Edited Jun 21, 2012 at 11:37 PM

//Confirmed Working with AWeber Account

//Adds a new subscriber to all AWeber Account Lists

foreach (List list in account.lists().entries) {

BaseCollection<Subscriber> target = list.subscribers();

SortedList<string, object> parameters = new SortedList<string, object>();

parameters.Add("email", newSubscriberToAdd_Email);

parameters.Add("name", newSubscriberToAdd_Name);

Subscriber subscriber = target.create(parameters);

}

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Edited Jun 22, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Weird, I got mine to work now too.  Not sure what was different about it.  TY

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Hi

Didn't realize there was a discussion going on. The example project shows the code I used but good to see it is working now.

I know the whole experience will be a little different to conventional .NET programming, but their API is developed by PHP programmers and hence will have a very scripted feel to it. You can certainly tell their API was developed with PHP in mind and not a generic REST format like most other API's. This project was originally developed for Aweber, however even coding like their other SDK's we still didn't end up seeing eye to eye on a few things and hence it wasn't accepted.

I monitor Aweber on stackoverflow.com if you ever have any questions, post them on there, I will get to them with 24-48 hours.

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Hi Adam,

I'm so glad you developed this project - I just wanted to say thank you as you have saved me hours of work... I really appreciate your hard work on this...

I'm still learning the ropes of the API but its going pretty well, again - thank you!

Loren

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM

You're welcome Loren :)

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Hi Adam :)

Do you know if the "move" method is available under the subscriber entity? I can't seem to find it in the API. If it's not available, do you know an alternate way to make it work using your API?

Thanks

Loren

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM

The move method is available via the Aweber API however I never programmed it into this SDK, so you would have to build upon this code to do it.