This project is read-only.

viewing email addresses, names, etc on list subscribers

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I just started using the API a few days ago.  When looping through the subscribers in a list, I had expected to have access to subscriber names and Email addresses, but these fields are blank.  Here is the code:

foreach (List thisList in aWeberLists.entries)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("List name: " + thisList.name);
                foreach (Subscriber thisSubscriber in
                    thisList.subscribers().entries)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("Subscriber EMail: "
                        + thisSubscriber.email);
                }
                Console.WriteLine("");
            }

Is this the way it is really supposed to work?  Or could it be there might be a bug in the JSON / XML translation?

Not all the fields in the subscriber object are empty.  Just the ones I am most interested in using, naturally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Since we solved this over email I just wanted to place the solution here. The subscriber email is blank unless the application obtains the enhanced permissions. You can do this through the Aweber Labs Dashboard when editing your app.

Apr 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I know this thread is a bit dated, but I thought I should clarify Adam's explanation of the issue after struggling with this problem for a short while.

The application must be set to "Request Subscriber Data" in Aweber Labs. Log into the Labs, click My Apps, click Permission Settings, and toggle "Request Subscriber Data" to ON.

Lastly, the application must request new access credentials. The old credentials operate under whichever permission settings were in use at the time they were issued.